WELCOME TO THE 9TH CHAPTER OF 2018 | CONTENTMENT


Guess who is back on the blog? Drum rolls… your guess is as good as mine. I’m back people💃, who missed me? Yeah, I have been away for too long but forgive me and accept my sincere apology. My examinations went on well and I pray that my best will be sufficient, can I hear some thunder striking Amen to that? (lol).  It's not too late to welcome you to the 9th chapter of the year 2018. I missed you all, feels great to be back. I have a lot in store for you all. Sit back relax and enjoy😘

So today I'll be writing on CONTENTMENT. Contentment is the state of being happy and satisfied.

I came across a video on Instagram and was inspired by it, Malcolm ''MJ'' Harris video said ''don't go broke trying to impress people''. Kindly watch it (here). It's a shame that we live in a picture perfect society where everyone and everything looks green and great, forgetting that its okay not to be like everyone but yourself and stay within your limits. 

Live within your means.  Translated in pidgin English as ''No Go Dey Do Pass Yourself''. I know how hard that statement is and trust me I was guilty of it too but I found my footing, prioritized and set things right.

Personally, I believe good things don't finish, contentment is KEY. Be happy with what you have.

Contentment comes from many great and small acceptances in life.

People's opinion of you is not worth your financial security. Don't have high blood pressure and sleepless nights living a ''Champagne lifestyle on a palm wine budget'', My dear you don't want that kind of life for yourself. That statement "fake it till you make it" disturbs my spirit each time I come across it if you keep faking it how will your Benefactor locate you? He/She might just assume that you are living the life already.

Set your priorities right.Truth is ever since I relaunched the blog I felt a weight of responsibility over me. The blog became my ''baby'', just like every nurturer I see to its continuity, growth and ensure it reaches full potential. 65% of my monthly allowance goes into the blog, its not been easy but I have to do what I have to do right? You can support me by liking this post .

Lastly stop comparing yourself to anyone, ''comparison is the thief of joy'' it will leave you with grief and you don't want to do that to yourself. Comparison makes finding contentment a million times harder.

 To be content doesn’t mean you don’t desire more, it means you’re thankful for what you have and patient for what’s to come.” Tony Gaskins

4 comments:

  1. This is a good one phky. i enjoyed it👏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear. Good to read from you this morning 😘😘

      Delete
  2. The last quote is a stamp.

    Let's add this too. 'People's opinion of you is not worth your financial security. Don't have high blood pressure and sleepless nights living a ''Champagne lifestyle on a palm wine budget'','


    Some inspiration from these words of you're, Vickie.
    They're just in place to soothe the souls of the desperate ones.

    Nice one dear and Thank you.
    👏💯

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I'm so happy reading this.Thank you so much Joshua

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.